“...we reflect the love of God as lived by Jesus Christ...”
Each of us comes as a seeker to this community of brothers and sisters in Christ. Each of us comes with our own cultural values, assumptions and world views. Each one of us, and the cultures we represent, are God's living letters of faith, hope, love and beauty. Therefore, we embrace the following Christian virtues that honour God and promote right relationship between us, as together we gather and learn from one another.
We promise to relate to one another with:
- Open mindedness
- And the spirit of grace and forgiveness we have received in Christ Jesus.
We also acknowledge the land on which we live:
- Understanding that we are one part of God's creation.
- Honouring our future generation by preserving this land as they find their own paths.
In our Christian love for one another we will
- Invite the spirit into our worship, fun, and business in this community.
- Listen to others with our whole selves: our physical senses, intuition, imagination and intellect.
- Speak only for ourselves in the spirit of truth and gentleness, avoiding unhelpful generalizations and racial stereotypes.
- Not interrupt when others are speaking.
- Be mindful of language that is not inclusive of everyone.
- Affirm the deep wisdom of silence and pause, as necessary, to ponder what others have said.
- Seek to understand rather than win arguments and assume best intentions.
- Hold one another in prayer.
Our journey will lead us to becoming a whole people of God.
Thanks be to God.